from AMA ATV E News
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - MX Sports Pro Racing and the ATV Promoters Group (ATVPG) are pleased to announce the 2016 AMA ATV Motocross National Championship (ATVMX) series schedule. The 31st Annual AMA ATV Motocross Championship will feature 10 amateur rounds and 11 AMA Pro points rounds, visiting many of the most legendary facilities in addition to a new stop on the circuit.
The ATVMX series kicks off Tuesday, March 8 by returning to the much anticipated Daytona International Speedway for the second annual ATV Supercross (ATVSX). Although the event will only contribute pro points, there is a full roster of amateur classes available.
Just one month later the 2016 ATVMX season will begin for both amateur and pro points the weekend of April 9 and 10 at Underground MX Park, located in Kemp, Texas, which sits just 45 minutes outside of Dallas. This will be the second year that the ATVMX series has visited the Lonestar state, and this track features some of the best dirt in the state combined with a unique layout, serving as a fitting way to kick off the season.
“After an outstanding 2015 season we are already looking forward to the start of the 2016 campaign and the new facility that will welcome this incredible championship,” said Roy Janson, Competition Director at MX Sports Pro Racing. “The return of ATVSX combined with the renowned motocross tracks on the schedule should make for the ultimate battle as the professional field looks to claim the National ATV Motocross Championship.”
From there, the series moves to the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains to Muddy Creek Raceway where it will continue taking place at staple stops such as Ironman Raceway, High Point Raceway, Sunset Ridge MX, Spring Creek MX Park, Unadilla MX, RedBud and the season finale at the historic Loretta Lynn Ranch on August 13-14.
Another new stop will host the pivotal halfway point of the championship. The world’s best four-wheel competitors will be rolling into Tallassee, Alabama for the first-ever ATVMX appearance to Monster Mountain. This mid-season stop is sure to be a crowd pleaser from the moment the first gate drops.
Round - Date, Venue - Location
• 1* - March 8 (Tues), Daytona Int’l Speedway - Daytona, Fla.
• 2 - April 9-10, Underground MX Park - Kemp, Texas
• 3 - April 23-24, Muddy Creek Raceway - Blountville, Tenn.
• 4 - May 7-8, Ironman Raceway - Crawfordsville, Ind.
• 5 - May 21-22, High Point Raceway - Mt. Morris, Pa.
• 6 - June 4-5, Monster Mountain - Tallassee, Ala.
• 7 - June 18-19, Sunset Ridge MX - Walnut, Ill.
• 8 - July 2-3, Spring Creek MX Park -Millville, Minn.
• 9 - July 16-17, Unadilla MX - New Berlin, N.Y.
• 10 - July 30-31, RedBud MX - Buchanan, Mich.
• 11 - August 13-14, Loretta Lynn Ranch - Hurricane Mills, Tenn.